To be an association of cities that can add value for the making of livable, sustainable, productive and competitive Ethiopian cities.
- Support cities in achieving their mission, complying with principles of good governance and decentralization.
- Serving as a platform of experience exchange and knowledge-hub for cities
- Formulating and disseminating best practices to cities
- Promoting and facilitating cities’ twinning and strong cooperation and collaboration
- Creating network of cooperation with governmental and non-governmental bodies
- Working to make member cities internationally competitive
- To support city administrations in achieving their mission complying with principles of good governance and decentralization, and improve their status within the overall institutional framework of the country by influencing decision making processes that affect them.
- To capacitate city administrations in their quest to deliver better services to their citizens and work for all Ethiopian cities to be prosperous, sustainable, productive, and competitive by 2030.
- Become a knowledge-hub and a platform for professionalism in City administrations of Ethiopia through evidence-based advocacy and tailored-made capacity building”.
Strategic Priorities of ECA
- Capacity building and Service provision to member cities (offering platform for knowledge exchange, tailored training, advisory service, documentation & information exchange)
- Lobby and Advocacy for the interests of Member Cities
- Representation, networking and partnership.